You have probably seen the advertisements claiming that protein shakes can help you lose weight. Those advertisements are accurate; drinking protein shakes can serve as meal replacements that help you reduce your daily calorie intake, which will help you lose weight. Protein shakes are not only easy to make, they are portable, and help you with weight loss maintenance.
We have two fat burning shake recipes that you can use as a meal replacement, and to lose weight. Before we outline the ingredients and recipes, we have some important information you should read over, including what ingredients you should always avoid when drinking a protein shake.
We also have more information on the fats, herbs, and healthy proteins you should always make sure are included in your fat burning shakes.You want to lose weight, but you want to do it the right way!
Say No to Some Beverages
Even though soft drinks are sold practically everywhere, you should avoid these beverages, particularly sodas. They have a negative effect on your body, and your overall health. Fruit juice should also be avoided; the sugars in packaged fruit juices are unhealthy, and do not help you with weight loss.
Soda pops are not the only drinks that you will need to say no to. Milk may seem like it does your body good, but that is very questionable. Most milk is flavored, and instead of helping with weight loss, this beverage will cause you to gain weight. You will want to avoid pasteurized cow’s milk at all times. Try out some healthier alternatives that are good for you, and help you maintain weight loss.
The Fat Burning Shake Dos and Don’ts
When the time comes to use certain fruits, beverages, and other ingredients for your fat burning shakes, you will need to make sure there are certain items that never make it into your recipe. Below are some rules that you should always follow when you are making shakes to drink as a meal replacement.
1. Avoid Using Cow’s Milk
It may seem like cow’s milk is a good option, but that is a huge misconception. Drinking cow’s milk could have a negative effect on you, and cause your body to have a negative response to insulin. Your body will need to access stored body fat to use as fuel, and drinking cow’s milk could interfere with that process. If you are trying to lose weight, cow’s milk should not be anywhere near your fat burning shakes. Cow’s milk could also cause you to have an allergic reaction, even if you consume milk that is not in a pure or isolated form.
You should use almond milk or coconut water in place of cow’s milk for your fat burning shakes. If you soak the almonds, you could make your own almond milk at home. You could also make coconut water at home if you have access to coconuts; however, pure coconut water and unsweetened almond milk sold at your grocery store would be an easier option.
2. Sugar Should Always be Avoided
Sugar has a negative effect on your metabolism, and should be avoided at all times. Some foods, such as fruits, have natural sugars, so the odds of cutting sugar out of your diet altogether is almost impossible; however, you can eliminate added sugars. If you add sugar to your shakes, do not be surprised if there is a weight gain, instead of a weight loss. Minimize the amounts of fruits that you eat so you can avoid the sugars. Crushed berries are good fruits that have low amounts of sugars; add these to your fat burning shakes. You could also add raw cacao, as long as it does not have calorie stevia.
3. Protein Matters
You will need to incorporate protein into your shakes in order to drink them as a meal replacement. Your body needs protein to function, and leaving proteins out of your shakes will not be good for your health. You will not burn any fat if you do not have protein; the proteins in the shakes help encourage your body to burn fat. When you add high-quality proteins to your fat burning shake, you will definitely have a shake that helps with your weight loss.
It is best to avoid powdered proteins; they are typically full of carbohydrates. Sweeteners should also be avoided. The top three proteins to add to your fat burning shakes include: nuts (or seeds), yogurt, and tofu – if you do not like tofu, there are some cheeses that you could use, such as ricotta cheese. This cheese contains whey protein; you should always try to incorporate whey into your fat burning shake.
4. Healthy Fats
Healthy fats are necessary for good health, and they can help you lose weight. These healthy fats provide you with energy, and keep you satisfied between meals – or shakes. Four healthy fats that you should add to your fat burning shakes include: nuts, avocados, flaxseed oil, and coconut oil.
5. Fat Burning Herbs
There are fat burning herbs that you will need to add to your protein shakes. These herbs can also be used to help you live a healthy lifestyle and prevent the risk of various diseases. The best fat burning herbs are: green tea, chickweed, cinnamon, burdock root, and ginger.
The fat burning recipes below should be eaten as a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch.
- 1/4 cup of berries of your choice (raspberries and blueberries are both great for weight loss). Soak in a cup of warm water and a splash of apple cider vinegar for a few minutes first if not organic.
- 1 tablespoon of good green matcha tea.
- 1 tablespoon of organic chia seeds.
- 2 tablespoons of whey or hemp protein.
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut water.
- Optional – a couple of drops of stevia (depending on the berries it may be sweet enough).
- 1 or 2 ice cubes
- Mix the following ingredients together: berries, chia seeds, and matcha tea. Mash these ingredients up using a fork. It will be easy to mash the blueberries, but the bigger berries (strawberries) could be a more difficult task.
- Once the berries are mashed, mix them well with the chia seeds and matcha tea. It is best to use a blender because it will make your shake smoother. If you mash the ingredients up, you may have less cleaning, but you are likely to have chunks of berries in your shake.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, close the lid tightly and shake hard.
- You should drink this shake immediately for a fresh taste and to receive the most antioxidants.
- 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut.
- 2 heaped teaspoons of raw cacao.
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened whey or hemp protein.
- 1 heaped teaspoon of organic maca.
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk.
- 3 – 7 drops of stevia glycerite (depending on how sweet you like it).
- 1 or 2 ice cubes.
- Combine all of the ingredients from above into the blender.
- Place the lid on the blender; make sure it is sealed tightly. Blend for 10 seconds; at a vigorous level.
- Pour into a cup or drink directly from the blender. This fat burning shake works better when consumed immediately.
Using these Recipes
Try these fat burning recipes out to lose weight. Be sure that you never include ingredients that are bad for your health. Remember that although these protein shakes help with weight loss, you will still need to be physically active to maintain that weight loss. The fat burning shakes can be used as a meal replacement, but you should never use them as an exercise replacement.